Thursday, April 24, 2014

111/254



-

These flowers were given to us by my father-in-law.
I wrote about them on our family blog when I posted our Easter pictures:
I absolutely love these flowers. At our last house, we had a huge bush of them at the end of our
driveway, and I was really sad to leave that bush behind. I used these flowers in Georgia's Easter
basket last year, and I really wanted to use them again. Ben said his Dad had a couple of the bushes,
so he would get some flowers for me. Well, Jeff (his Dad) gave us an entire bush! Needless to say,
I'm very happy :)

and I wanted to share what Jeff said in a comment on the picture I captioned that with:
Although this is not the exact plant, Spirea has a special meaning to me. My Mom dug hers up from
the home she loved in PA, brought it to Florida and planted it in the house we lived at in [said town].
When they sold that home she dug it up again and it is planted behind our house. She obviously really
loved Spirea. The transplant is a Northern variety and doesn't bloom as well as yours will, but it is
Spirea and still has a special meaning. When Ben asked if he could cut some flowers off of it, it was
an easy decision. You never got to meet Bami, but she really loved Ben and she would have been so
thankful God picked you to be his wife. And she would be pinching Georgia's, and what other babies
God may bless you with, sweet cheeks! She loved the babies even more than flowers! It was an instant
and easy decision to share a little of her love of flowers, that is part of our heritage, with the girl she
never got to meet. Yet.

Sorry for the masses of words... I just thought it was sweet and wanted to share.


And then Oliver.  I laid down for a bit on this day, and all three cats joined me :)





No comments:

Followers